I stumbled across another fantastic infographic that highlights how to improve engagement with G+, in fact by a whopping 281%.
Here it is with my summary text extraction below.
Who uses Google+?
- 500 Million Registered Users
- 63% are males
- 37% are females
- 48% of Fortune Global 100 Companies use Google+
- 40% of Marketers use Google+
Information about Google+ users
- 1.5 Billion photos uploaded to Google+ every week
- 28% of Google+ users make at least $60,000 per year
- The United States and India are the top 2 countries who use Google+ (USA 31.5% and India 13.7%)
- 300 Million monthly active “In-Stream” users
- 42% of Users are single
- 45% of Users are between the age of 18-24
Google+ features that will help your business
- Pages – Lets you share thoughts, links, photos, and promotions
- Posts – Allows you to interact with your customers and share relevant content
- Hangouts – Allows you to video chat with customers and colleagues. Get face-to-face feedback.
- Circles – Lets you direct specific content to different types of customers.
What type of content do Google+ users prefer?
- Videos – Videos receive 28.6% more +1s
- Animated GIFs – Animated GIFs receive 39% more +1s
- Images – Images receive 9.4 more +1s
- Quotes – Quotes receive 16% more +1s
- Questions – Questions receive 188% more comments
Best time to share on Google+
- Friday between 11am and 2pm
- Friday between 7pm and 10pm
What you must do to increase engagement
- Build a relevant network of people
- Participate in communities
- Blog posts with keywords, links and images
- Always engage by commenting, +1ing, and sharing others posts