Here’s a short tutorial on how to add facebook chat to your website.
Why add fb chat to your website?
One of the things you probably find useful when you interact with websites is those message boxes that appear that enable you to actually talk to a human, for getting immediate support on something you are trying to achieve.
Here are 10 good reasons to have one on your business website:
- Sometime when we are able to actually get an immediate response from a human it can make a difference in a sale
- It gives your business a customer support option that may set you apart from your competitors
- It means you have less frustrated customers waiting on the end of a phone
- Simple easy access to support from anywhere in the world
- Turn visitors into buyers – when a visitor is not quite sure about something and if they should continue with a purchase a chat with a member of staff could be all that is needed
- Lowers the cost of your support channel with no need to man or invest in phone lines
- It increases your business’s credibility, showing you are there for the customer
- Very easy to troubleshoot a customer issue
- Live is better than a-synchronous social media tools
- Enhancing marketing efforts – for example encouraging chat for specific discounts and offers.
How to install FB chat on your WordPress website
The website here uses WordPress and as you can see we have the chat window in the bottom right hand corner.
Installation is very simple and all that has to be done is to install the FB Chat plugin on your WordPress site and follow the instructions.
Simply choose which FB page should be associated with your website and the plugin does the connection for you.
If you do not use WordPress you can follow the instructions provided by FB found here.